16 January 2012

Goth in Paradise - 2


 WEEK TWO AT TARRALEAH
The second week at Tarraleah has been very productive. It's amazing how much painting one can get done by working regular hours - my hours have been anything but regular, but there have been a lot of them. Just to tease you, here are four stages of the corner of the painting that's been keeping me up quite late at night. It still has unresolved problems, so it came home to my studio today and can stay there until I work out how to fix it.



Sometimes a tourist has wandered in; here's one of them. This is the gallery space in the reception area.




Despite working till midnight some evenings, I did have time to go for a walk along about a kilometre of Lyell Highway one evening with great success. We found some elegant wallaby jawbones and another very heavy jaw I guess belongs to a wombat. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.


There were plenty of vertebrae, including a sacrum, lots of ribs, phalanges and so on. Many tiny pieces of small animals, like the delicate discs between vertebrae.






We were particularly pleased with the snake. It is destined to become a necklace, with the vertebrae threaded on fine wire. Tourists may have been a mite concerned seeing the Café Supervisor strolling home with this lot.

Alas, poor Yorick. I photographed him, Horatio.

We had intended heading for the pub for our evening tipple, but it closed before we finished rearranging and photographing our treasures. So we watched DVDs instead. I never have time to do this at home, so I am really enjoying catching up with some of the many vampire movies I have missed.

What a bored artist did with my kneadable eraser.




1 comment:

  1. That's not a bored artist, only a very talented one could do something like that.

    ReplyDelete